How do children benefit from becoming a MiniMentor?
Children trained as MiniMentors will:
- understand the importance of friendship and respect for everyone
- build-up their self-confidence
- learn how to help and support each other
- develop and practice mentoring skills
- learn about different kinds of bullying and how to recognise them
- learn a number of ways to deal with bullying that they can tell other children about
- understand how bullying behaviour can make different people feel
- know when and how to pass information from others to an adult
MiniMentors are told that they are not required to problem-solve issues themselves but to pass these on to an appropriate adult. This may be a trusted adult in school or at home. Online, the MiniMentors are trained to refer any issues onto our Counsellors.